Monday 9 May 2011

Puy lentil Moussaka

I know I go on about puy lentils but they are the best thing ever!

You will need: An aubergine, 50g of puy lentils, half a courgette, onion, pepper, tinned tomatoes, stock cube, milk (1/4 of a pint) flour (table spoon) and 40g of half fat cheese.

I am on a diet again and this is only 10 points for the whole thing (massive) and 5 for half (what I will have..)

I had my puy lentils cooked because I made a salad over the weekend, just cook them according to pack instructions.

Start by frying courgette, peppers and onion together. Add some garlic if you have any. When they are soft, add a tin of tomatoes and a stock cube. When it has reduced a little bit add the puy lentils.

Cut the aubergine and layer them in the bottom of your dish, pour the tomato mixture over, then do another layer of aubergine, and another layer of the tomato mixture.

Now comes the naughty bit..

Make a basic white sauce with low fat cooking spray, skimmed milk, and a tiny bit of the cheese (around 10g). Start by cooking the flour and slowly adding the milk.

Pour this over the top of your moussaka, and finally grate the rest of the cheese over the top.

Bake in the over at around 200 degrees for 30 minutes.

Bad picture but you get the idea!

I served this with some capers and a green salad. Next time I will probably put some capers in the tomato sauce. 

No comments:

Post a Comment