Monday 18 April 2011

Leftovers?

Easter holidays, that magical time of year when you can go home and shamelessly live as if you are 17 again, mums cooking, no cleaning,  drinking every night and none of the family gatherings like at Christmas (I love them, don't get me wrong, but I just wanna chill out now!)... or is that just me?
I'm leaving my flat in Cardiff for two weeks and have loads of odds and ends in the house that need to be used.

The perfect and tasty way to use them all is tapas!

Tonight we're having

Wedges bravas http://gwenllian-glyn036.blogspot.com/2011/02/wedges-bravas.html
Potato salad
Broad bean, leek and feta salad
Roasted pepper with olives
Smoked paprika cauliflower

Loads of random stuff = my favourite way to eat.
Not tried the cauliflower yet, will blog when I have.
If you have a weird ingredient that doesn't quite fit, google a tapas recipe for it!
Easy!

Broad bean salad - Fry the leeks until soft, add the broad beans and when they are cooked sprinkle over feta, mind and olive oil, season.
Roasted pepper - Simply roast in the oven until it is black, peel the skin, chop and serve with olives and olive oil, season with pepper and sea salt.
Potato salad- the Mr's favourite. Just boil potatoes and mix with mayonnaise, mint, chives, parsley, and some wholegrain mustard, season with salt and pepper.

Hope everyone has a lovely Easter.

No foodie pictures today, here is a picture of me when I was 17! I can't wait to go home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment